Search My Blog

Wednesday 1 May 2013

When In Rome

Woo, finally booked my holiday and we're going to... Rome!


Because of uni I have to take my breaks in the summer holidays (the expensive time!), but the boyfriend and I found some really good city break deals with British Airways to Rome and we got flights, a week in a hotel right in the centre of the city (with breakfast), and airport parking all for £352 so I'm chuffed about that. 

Not that I didn't have to do a bit of convincing, the boyfriend was keen to go with Thomas Cook or.... easyJet... shudder. Not on my watch. 

I think the fundamental problem with going on holiday these days is that trip advisor exists. Don't get me wrong, I would never pick a hotel without trip advisor, but no hotel ever gets 100% good reviews do they?

You find the nicest hotel, photos are great, location is great and then... 


And your heart just sinks. So searching for a hotel becomes obsessing over reviews, sifting through ever mounting piles of 


But at least it's all sorted and paid for now and I can start planning every day in minute detail because I am still the holiday nazi. Does anyone fancy cat sitting? Go on... 




No comments:

Post a Comment