Search My Blog

Saturday 26 April 2014

London - Afternoon Tea at the Goring, The Shard & The Tower of London

If you're visiting England, you've got to get afternoon tea, and we decided to go to the Goring Hotel for ours (if it's good enough for Kate Middleton then it's good enough for us). 


Feast your eyes on this tasty tower of loveliness. 


The waitresses were so attentive, as soon as I finished my cup of tea they were there pouring more. As soon as we finished one plate they were there trying to give us more (included in the price too!). We were so stuffed afterwards. The girls next to us ordered another plate of sandwiches, I don't know how they fit them in!


The next day we went to the Shard, I'm not gonna lie, I thought it was pretty expensive but if you're going to be a tourist you may as well do it properly. 


The view was good, especially on the highest viewing platform. 


Then it was off to the Tower of London.


We made a wish at traitors gate, there were lots of Yeomen (Beefeaters) about the place, and ravens. 



Kim said this guard wasn't real... I said I'm pretty sure he was... he was. 


The highlight of the trip was the crown jewels. Although they didn't allow photography... so began my sneaky photography...


This one was especially difficult to take as there was a guard right next to us.


I thought poor Henry here might be having a spot of wishful thinking in his armour... dream on. 


I did like the ravens though. 


If you'd like to see the previous part of our trip to London, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment