Search My Blog

Sunday 23 November 2014

My 26th

I realised I never mentioned it was my birthday last week. It was a pretty quiet day because it was the first day of placement (boo) so I spent my day there then at home... so that was deeply thrilling. I don't really feel older because on the run up to my birthday I kept telling people I was 26 before I even was, this has been going on for at least 2 months... I think I have early onset dementia. 

Anyways, before my actual birthday I met up with a couple girls from my cohort and we went for afternoon tea (I know, I know, it's an obsession), we went to the Georgian House Hotel on St Giles in Norwich. 


It was really nice there actually, surprisingly nice. Afternoon tea cost £13.50 and you got unlimited hot drinks, four sandwiches, one cheese scone, one fruit scone (by the way, if you pronounce 'scone' as scohhhwwne instead of scon then you're pretentious AND lame!), one mini victoria sponge cake, a flapjack, a mini lemon meringue AND a super rich chocolate truffle thing.  


That is a lot for £13.50 and the staff we were so so attentive, they were really friendly. Also they wrapped up left overs for our sick friend like a swan... awww... you guys. 


So yeah that was nice and happy birthday to me, one step closer to death... I mean my thirties. Ho hum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment